What is Trampoline & Tumbling?
Trampoline and tumbling (T&T) is a division of USA Gymnastics, similar to artistic (standard) gymnastics, acrobatic gymnastics, and rhythmic gymnastics. Trampoline competitions date back to the early 1950’s. Since the 1990’s trampoline has gained more popularity around the world. Olympic trampoline debuted at the 2000 Sydney Olympics in Austrailia.
The sport of T&T includes 3 major events: the trampoline, the double mini trampoline, and the rod floor (power tumbling). USA Gymnasics programs break down into 10 Levels before the elite levels:
- Levels 1-4 is the introductory levels,
- Levels 5-7 are compulsory (planned routines)
- Levels 8-10 are Optional (athletes create their own routines.)
Athletes learn to perform a 10 skill routine consisting of forward, backward, and twisting elements. Lower levels learn the basic ‘drops’, mid levels begin to work more with single flipping skills and 1/2 twists, while high levels work multiple flips and twists in combination.
Similar to vaulting and diving events, athletes learn to combine the horizontal run of tumbling with the verticle elements of trampoline. After a short run, the athlete jumps onto the first level, rebounds into the second level, and dismounts at the end. Athletes learn 2 different routines.
Rod Floor (Power Tumbling)
Performed on an elevated runway, consisting of a fiberglass rod track covered in layers of carpet-foam. Athletes perform explosive & fast acrobatic maneuvers across the rod floor with precision and control. Lower levels perform 6-8 skills while higher levels perform up to10 skills in a row!
- Translates into all other gymnastics & acrobatic events.
- Faster skill aquisition, more confidence, more fun.
- Lower costs, less hours of training.
- Superior aerial awareness skills for all other events.
- All body types are successful.
- Full range of fitness: strength, cardio, & flexibility.
- Great foundation for all other sports, and its just so darn fun!
We proudly serve all of central Florida, including Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Ocoee, Maitland, Winter Garden, Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Lake Mary, Sanford, Orange County, Lake County, and surrounding areas.