The flu season this year has been especially difficult. Please read the information below from the CDC and take preventive measures to stay well.
MGA Flu Guidlines:
- MGA will be cleaning mats and equipment nightly.
- When staff is sick, they are not permitted to come to work until fever free.
- Please do not send any children to the gym with a fever, runny nose or coughing with mucus.
- Our teachers and staff will send any child home that seems too sick to participate.
- Some classes may get cancelled if we have multiple teachers out.
- At MGA we will take the safety and health of our staff, parents and children very seriously. Thanks for your cooperation, and stay well, we care about you.
How does the flu spread? (From the CDC)
Flu viruses are thought to spread mainly from person to person through droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze, or talk. Flu viruses also may spread when people touch something with flu virus on it and then touch their mouth, eyes, or nose.
What are everyday preventive actions?
- Stay home until your fever is gone except to get medical care.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects
- Get a Flu shot.